Physical meeting in Rennes, from 6th to 8th July 2022
Meeting place: l’institut agro, agrocampus ouest Rennes (agronomic school), ROUX amphitheatreInternational institut agro trennes angers
Getting agrocampus ouest
Wednesday morning 9 hour:Minutes and announcements
- 1a. Minutes of CCCfarming TEAMS meeting.
- 1b. Explanation about program Rennes, France meeting from 6 (start in early morning) to 8 (finish at 13 hour) July 2022 by Nadege Edouard and Abele Kuipers.
- 1c. EAAP Porto 5-9 September input from CCCfarming partners; additional info will be chaired; all partners will be present.
- 1d. ADSA Climate care cattle seminar in Kansas City Missouri, USA on 19-22 June 2022; Sven Koenig, Peter Groot Koerkamp and Abele Kuipers participated and will report.
- 1e. Other announcements.
- 10h. Progress with NPC data and tools (WP1.4) Marion de Vries
- 11h. Outcome kitchen table questionnaire (with data of all 8 countries) WP1.6 Vera Eory
Wednesday afternoon 13.30h. Outcome of 1st round of farm visits' emission outcomes with the IDELE/INRAE Excel calculation file - Xavier Verge, Paul Robin (WP 1.5)
15h. Planning of execution of WP3Kaspars Naglis-Leipa and Diana Ruska and a Dutch team member will visit SRUC team in week of June 6th to work on WP3. The outcome and prepared guidelines will be discussed, and then to be introduced in all partner countries in the remaining of this year:
- -Agrecalc tool – exercise with examples of making more runs by inputting alternative practices; define a set of manageable practices.
- -Define some manageable practices for ANCA tool
- -Procedure for collecting manageable and useful practices (2?) for each study farm to be simulated with the NPC tool (with help of local team member). Advise of Paul Hargreaves: “Important to manage the expectations of the farmers”.
- -Making scheme (procedure, timeline, etc.) for applying Agrecalc on most study farms and ANCA on 1 or 2 farms per partner country.
- -Outline guideline to calculate economic aspects of a certain mitigation strategy / farm practice per study farm in a simplified way, guidance of this activity by Latvian team.
- -Making template for describing a short farm mitigation plan (plan to be prepared for each farm by local team); all plans to be collected and summarized by the Latvian team.
- -Other steps/issues that were discussed.
Thursday morning 9h.WP2 and WP4 activities; WP4 continues with tasks from WP2 in a farm system approach. In context of WP4, which Farm systems to study in the various countries ...? Progress with:
- -Housing systems – WUR
- -Manure storages and handling – LSMU
- -Novel feeding practices related to animals and methane output – PULS
- -Novel breeding traits related to methane output – JLU
- -Grass species, soil and biodiversity related to methane output – SRUC
- -Perspectives of drones - UNIFI
Thursday afternoon 13.30h. French WP2 and WP4 activities explained during excursion of INRAE facilities
Friday morning 9 h.
- 9h. Choice of strategies to input in the whole farm model BBPR (Dairy Wise) WP3.3 and WP4.5; by Paul Galama plus possible ideas from Vera Eory
- 10h. Wrap up WP3 discussion.
- 11h. Other activities/issues.
- 11.30h. Status Deliveries and milestones.
- 12h. Financial issues and other?
- 12.30h. Summary of meeting.
- Closing at 13h.