Minutes of CCCfarming Teams meeting of 20 April 2022Present: Valentina Becciolini; Matteo Barbari; Diāna Ruska; Kaspars Naglis-Liepa; Gitana Kadziene; Paul Hargreaves;; Adam Cieślak; Malgorzata Szumacher; Lena Fehmer; Nadege Edouard; Katja Klumpp; Caroline Evrat-Georgel; Violeta Juskiene; Marion de Vries; Paul Galama Abele Kuipers
- Minutes of CCCfarming TEAMS meeting 2-4 February 2022 agreed upon
- Program for CCCfarming meeting in Rennes, France from 6 (start in early morning) to 8 (finish at 13 hour) July 2022. Accomodation: Amfitheathre of Institute d’Agronomy. Nadege will send more info about travel and city hotels.
- EAAP Porto 5-9 September. Input from CCCfarming partners is discussed. Paul Hargreaves will send his abstract text. All partners present! Early registration – lower fee - until 1st of June.
- ADSA Climate care cattle seminar in Kansas City Missouri, USA on 19-22 June 2022 Sven Koenig, Peter Groot Koerkamp and Abele Kuipers will represent our project there.
- 1e. Valentine Becdciolini will participate to the ECPLF congress which is focused on precision livestock farming (https://www.vetmeduni.ac.at/ecplf2022/ecplf) and held in Vienna 29/08 to 02/09. Topic of presentation: A UAV-based system for greenhouse gases and particulate measurement in livestock farms. PP will be send to CCCfarming website.
- Agrecalc tool – exercise with examples of making more runs by inputting alternative practices; define a set of manageable practices.
- Define some manageable practices for ANCA tool
- Procedure for collecting manageable and useful practices (2?) for each study farm to be simulated with the NPC tool (with help of local team member).
- Advise of Paul Hargreaves: “Important to manage the expectations of the farmers”.
- Making scheme (procedure, time line, etc.) for applying Agrecalc on most study farms and ANCA on 1 or 2 farms per partner country.
- Outline guideline to calculate economic aspects of a certain mitigation strategy / farm practice per study farm in a simplified way; guidance of this activity by Latvian team.
- Making template for describing a short farm mitigation plan (plan to be prepared for each farm by local team); all plans to be collected and summarized by the Latvian team.
- Other steps/issues to be discussed .............
Abele Kuipers 2 May 2022